We Stand Behind Your Roof Because We’re on Top of It!
Roof Doctor was founded on one basic principal. Focus on Helping people Solve their ailments. This sounds elementary. But if it is, why do so many homeowners have so many bad contractor experiences?
Buying a contracting service is not like buying a finished product. A finished product like a car or a computer is usually constructed in a factory, with an assembly line somewhere. A construction project gets constructed on your home or in your home and a home has unique personalities. Since homeowners would not be buying a contracting service if they were contractors for a living, it is safe to assume that they are relying on the contractor to be “The Professional”. Roof Doctor is your “Professional” Contractor.
What the Bexar County & surrounding homeowner does not consider is that there is no formal training for most contracting trades. No training for design, specifications, installation or most importantly how to run a business.
A recent survey showed that only 55% of people who get roofing work done would refer their roofing contractor. So what can you do? Below is a list of criteria recommended by the National Roofing Contractors Association. All roofing contractors are not alike and NRCA recommends that you pre-qualify roofing contractors to get the job done right the first time.
- Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, proper tax I.D. number and a business license.
- Insist on seeing copies of the contractor’s liability insurance coverage and workers’ compensation certificates. Make sure the coverage is in effect through the entire job.
- Look for a company with a proven track record that readily offers client references and a list of completed projects. Call these clients to find out whether they were satisfied.
- Check to see whether the contractor is properly licensed and/or bonded. Call your state’s licensing board for your state’s specific requirements (where applicable).
- Insist on a written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment.
- Check to see if the contractor is a member of any regional or national industry associations, such as NRCA or RCAT.
- Call your local Better Business Bureau to check for any complaints that have been filed. http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/roofing-contractors/roof-doctor-in-san-antonio-tx-34730
- Have the roofing contractor explain his project supervision and quality control procedures. Request the name of the person who will be in charge, how many workers will be required and the estimated time of completion.
- Carefully read and understand any roofing warranty offered and watch for provisions that would void it.
- Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Remember, price is only one criterion for selecting a roofing contractor. Professionalism and quality workmanship also should weigh heavily on your decision.
Roof Doctor is committed to living up to this criteria, and much more. If you are looking for a roof replacement contractor please call us today at 210-693-0390 or
Get In touch below. Ask Any Question or Start a Free Quote
Get a Quote.
Contact Us to Get a Quote or Schedule an Appointment.
4835 Medical Drive 29361
San Antonio, Texas 78229