Contact Us. Get a Quote.Contact Us to Get a Quote or Schedule an Appointment.
4835 Medical Drive 29361 San Antonio, Texas 78229
M-F: 8am – 6pm, S-S, 9am – 1pm
Get In touch below. Ask Any Question or Start a Free Quote
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I clean my roof?The methods described below only work if maintenance is frequent. If debris is left on the roof in a moist and shaded area more extreme cleaning measures will be necessary. All of which will shorten the life of your roof, and can cause leaks.
- Debris Removal- Debris should be removed with a leaf blower, or water from a garden hose. Leaf blowers work best when debris is dry. If the volume is too great combine the use of light brooming, and water from a garden hose. DO NOT PRESSURE WASH!
- Moss Removal- The length of time that the moss has been on the roof, and the type of roof it is on will determine the method for removal.
- If the moss is recent and light use of a moss killer may be required. (There are many types, both chemical and organic) However you may be able to lightly broom the moss off of the roof.
- If the moss has embedded itself beyond the point of a simple broom job then a Moss Killing product will be necessary. These products typically work very quickly (Within 1 day) Apply the product according to manufacturer’s recommendations, wait for the moss to discolor and die, then remove with non abrasive broom.
How long does it take to do a roof?This question is largely determined by the contractor. If the contractor is professional and organized the project will he swift. (1-2 days on overage)
- This will be due to the contractor having highly trained crews. The contractor will assign the appropriate team for your property. They will show up when they say, and stay until the job is complete, and not leave your home partially complete to finish other jobs.
- If you are in need of a roof, and want the job completed promptly contact us soon.
How much more is metal?Depending on if you are removing your existing roof, and what it is you are removing metal roofing can be as much as double the cost of a mid grade asphalt composite. The reason for this is that the materials themselves are typically about twice as much, and the installation of a metal roof can be 3-4 times longer than an asphalt composite.
- The installation of metal is crucial. If you are considering a metal roof contact us.
How do I prevent Moss and Algae from growing on your roof?So what can you do? Depending on your circumstance, and environmental consciousness here are a few suggestions.
- Remove any foliage or structures that might be shading an area to the point that sun rarely or never hits it.
- Keep the roof free from decaying organic material. I.E. Leaves, Needles, Pine Cones etc. Depending on the volume, a minimum of a fall cleaning and a spring cleaning is necessary.
- Keep the Fungus off of the roof. Fungus and algae grow on everything in the as well. It ls easily treated, and needs to be stayed on top of.
Do Zinc/Copper strips work?Short answer… No. Zinc is a fungicide, and does kill algae which can reduce moss growth. However, you are relying on rain to wash over the strip carrying zinc oxide from the strip down the roof. Experience has shown that the effectiveness of the strip ls 3-4 feet down from where the strip is installed (Typically at the peak of the roof). Experience also tells us that the strips wear out after a couple of years.
- Other drawbacks are that when they are on the roof they are noticeable, and they have a tendency to break and flop around on the roof.
- Copper wire is less effective based on the size of the wire typically used. However, many asphalt roofing shingles have Copper Granules embedded in them. These have proven to be effective in the prevention of Algae Staining for periods of 10-15 years These work because they are evenly spread throughout the roof providing constant and consistent protection. For more information contact our office.
You can’t get quality wood shakes like you used to…can you?The answer is ABSOLUTELY! Actually the quality of the shakes today is far superior to what could be purchased 15-20 years ago. There are two reasons for this:
- There is a regulatory board known as ICBO. This governing body establishes the quality standard that shakes must be manufactured to. If a mill wants to stay in business they have to comply.
- The shakes can be pressure treated at the factory. This presses the treatment deep into the shake for long lasting protection. (Topical treatments that are applied after the roof is Installed do not last long)
What is this Recycled Tire product?Euroslate is a roofing product that in fact is made from the rubber from used tires. It is manufactured by a Canadian company named GEM.
- Benefits of the product are: It is light weight and can go on most roofs, It has a slate tile appearance, it is impact resistant, it is impervious to moisture
- Issues with the product are: The cost. Typically 2-4 times as much as a medium grade asphalt composite Fire Rating. Class A fire is not achieved without additional cost in underlayments. Warranty- The warranty is loosely written, and favors the manufacturer. Major concern with discoloration. Warranty is vague in this area. Also does not cover labor or removal of defective product. (From what could be determined by reading warranty)